Mornings without breakfast make it difficult for your body to make up for nutritional shortages later in the day. Apart from providing us with energy, eating a “healthy” breakfast daily equips the body with important nutrients such as calcium, iron, protein, potassium and fiber. So when you arrive at school or work in a bad mood, tired, low-energy, or with a headache, you are not sick but rather lacking the nutrients in your diet that a daily “healthy” breakfast can provide.
Nutritionist advise that breakfast should be eaten within two hours of waking, helping to ensure that you stay full in the morning and remain on track with a healthy eating plan throughout the day. A simple bowl of your favorite healthy cereal or a slice of whole wheat bread with peanut butter is just enough to start the day off right.
I bet I know what your next excuse will be, “I don’t have time to make breakfast in the morning”, well you better make time, because your entire day depends on it. If that means waking up 20 minutes earlier to ensure your body functions actively throughout the day, so be it!
Benefits of Eating a healthy Breakfast Daily
1. Great source of important nutrients including calcium, iron, vitamin B, protein and fiber.
2. Increase energy level throughout the day.
3. Increase cognitive function throughout the day.
4. Helps you to make better food choices throughout the day.
5. Reduces morning crankiness.
6. Boost metabolism.
7. Keeps you from overeating throughout the day.
8. Helps create faster bowel movement.
9. Helps to maintain a healthy weight.
10.Helps promote a good mood.
Side Effects of Skipping Breakfast
1. Lack of concentration
2. Low energy level
5. Overeating throughout the rest of the day.
Start every morning with a healthy breakfast, a small gesture that can make a big difference!