I was nominated for the Liebster Award! by Britney Jackson of TheDailyLifestyleBlog who’s blog is no longer active. Nonetheless, if you are reading this thanks for the nomination Britt!
The Liebster Award is an award that is by bloggers, for bloggers. It’s passed from person to person to encourage connection and support within our writing community, and to aid in the discovery of new and upcoming bloggers. The Liebster Award is passed around the blogging community to those who have fewer than 500 followers.
You list 11 facts about yourself and answer the 11 questions asked by the person who nominated you. Finally, you nominate a few more bloggers.
11 Random Facts about Britt……
- I write Poetry.
2. I love playing race car video games.
3. My favorite color is Green.
4. I have really small feet for a tall girl.
5. I make my bed every morning.
6. I’m an Introvert.
7. I have a Bachelors Degree in Advertising Design/Graphic Design.
8. I’m obsessed with EVERLANE!
9. My Zodiac sign is ARIES!
10. I enjoy watching old Disney Animated Movies.
11. I eat a huge but healthy breakfast EVERYDAY.
11 Questions about Britt….
1.What was a profession you used to want to do but are not now?
I wanted to be an Interior Designer up until my senior year of High School and spent all of my free time watching HGTV.
2. Why did you start blogging? Has it turned out to be what you expected?
I started blogging as a way to combine my love for Beauty, Fashion, Food, Photography and Graphic Design in one central medium. It has turned out to be better than I expected. Although I am nowhere close to reaching the number of people/readers I know the blog has the potential to reach, I am truly enjoying seeing the blog blossom and grow to be an inspiration to others. It melts my heart to hear and see my readers engaging with individual post, trying out my recipes, and taking my advice.
3. What was your clique growing up?
I never really had a “clique” in High School but I did have people that I “cliqued” with, from the popular kids to the art geeks.
4. What’s one piece of advice you’d give to your younger self?
“The more friends you make now the more connections you make for the future”
5. If you could live one day over again, What day would it be?
Any day or time I spent with my MOM! Miss her so much 😦
6.How long have you’ve been blogging?
January 20th will make six months.
7. What is the story behind your blog name?
KEEPING UP WITH BRITT – Following me on my life’s journey and daily lifestyle practices.
8. Do you have any pets?
I currently do not have any pets, however, I did have a dog a few years ago but she passed away. I am hoping to get another dog soon.
9. If you had to choose between Make-up and Hair Products (Not including Shampoo/Conditioner) which would you choose?
I would choose Hair Products because:
- I don’t wear much make-up besides mascara and lipstick occasionally.
- I have natural hair and I need to make sure that it remains it’s current good health.
10. Do you have a significant other?
No, I am currently single. Not looking for a boyfriend right now but not turning away the opportunity either.
11.Top 3 favorite Blogs/Bloggers?
2.Little Bitty City One
3. Love from Hamburg
4. Newtrition Savvy Sarah
5. House of Haley
OFFICIAL RULES FOR YOUR LIEBSTER AWARD NOMINATION
1. Thank the person who nominated you, and post a link to their blog on your blog.
2. Display the award on your blog — by including it in your post and/or displaying it using a “widget” or a “gadget”. (Note that the best way to do this is to save the image to your own computer and then upload it to your blog post.) Download Award Image here
3. Answer 11 questions about yourself, which will be provided to you by the person who nominated you.
4. Provide 11 random facts about yourself.
5.Nominate 5 – 11 blogs that you feel deserve the award, who have a less than 200 followers. (Note that you can always ask the blog owner this since not all blogs display a widget that lets the readers know this information!)
6. List these rules in your post (You can copy and paste from here.) Once you have written and published it, you then have to:
7. Inform the people/blogs that you nominated that they have been nominated for the Liebster award and provide a link for them to your post so that they can learn about it (they might not have ever heard of it!). Download Award Image here