I’ve been using Flaxseed Gel in my hair for a few months now and I love it! It woks great as a styler but works equally as great as an edge control smoother.
Homemade Flaxseed Gel has great benefits including:
- Softens and Smoothes Hair
- Adds Shine and Moisturizes the hair
- Prevents Breakage
- Great Source of Vitamin E
- Promotes Hair Growth
- 100% Natural and Organic
- Gives great Curl Definition without Crunching or Flaking
- Gives great Hold
- Great for ALL Hair Types.
Here’s how to make it:
- In a medium-sized pot combine 2 cups of water with 1/4 cup Flaxseeds and bring to a boil.
- Keep stirring the mixture to prevent Flaxseeds from sticking to the pot.
TIP: While the mixture is still boiling, prepare your container by placing strainer directly on top and set to the side.
3. Continue to boil the mixture until it has reached a thick, gel-like consistency.
4. Once the mixture is at the right consistency, pour directly into the hstrainer and allow to drain. Use a spatula or a spoon to help press out excess gel.
5. Add individual drops of Essential Oils (I used, Argan Oil, Castor Oil, Coconut Oil, Olive Oil and Lavender Oil)
6. Allow gel to cool for several minutes. (Mixture will thicken once cooled)
7. Style as usual!
Things to Remember…..
Flaxseed Gel can last for up to 3 weeks in the Refrigerator.
Don’t throw away your Flaxseeds, keep them in an air tight container in the refrigerator and use them to make the next batch.
Have you entered my GIVEAWAY??
ENTER NOW >>> Keepingupwithbritt.com/Giveaway
FACEBOOK.COM/ BRITTNEY GRANT