There is a lot to celebrate in the month of October! The month itself is symbolic for many important national causes and observations including:
- Adopt a Shelter Dog Month
- Awareness Month
- Breast Cancer Awareness Month
- Domestic Violence Awareness Month
- Lupus Awareness Month
- National Diabetes Month
- National Vegetarian Month
Here are a few other daily celebrations and special days to celebrate this October 2016:
- World Vegetarian Day – go meatless for the day!
- World Card Making Day – send someone you love a card.
- National Homemade Cookies Day
- Oktoberfest – Eat, drink, and be merry!
- National Custodial Worker Day
- National Boyfriends Day – Tell him how loved he is.
- National Golf Day
- National Frappe Day – Try the Starbucks Pumpkin Spice Latte.
- Do Something Nice Day – Offer you seat to
- National Kale Day – Add kale to your favorite smoothie recipe!
- World Teacher’s Day
- World Smile Day – “A warm smile is the universal language of kindness”.
- Fire Prevention Day
- Columbus Day – No school!
- Emergency Nurses Day
- National Fossil Day – Wednesday of Earth Sciences Week
- Old Farmer’s Day – Support local farmers by shopping at the Farmer’s Market.
- National Gumbo Day – Enjoy 100+ Gumbo Recipes on Pinterest.
- Take Your Teddy Bear to Work Day – Show and Tell!
- Friday the 13th
- International Skeptics Day – celebrate true facts and expose wrong ones by being skeptic and asking the right questions.
- National Dessert Day – have an extra helping, or two!
- World Egg Day – Try this recipe.
- Sweetest Day – express your appreciation and gratitude for someone special!
- Bosses Day – Show your boss some appreciation. (only if you feel they deserve it)
- National Dictionary Day -Celebrate by learning a little bit of dictionary history and about Noah Webster.
- National Pumpkin Cheesecake Day – find a recipe, too.
- Make a Difference Day – neighbors helping neighbors.
- National Nut Day – Indulge in a healthy and nutritious trail mix snack.
- Mother-In-Law Day – fourth Sunday in October
- National Mole Day – Celebrated annually on October 23 from 6:02 a.m. to 6:02 p.m., Mole Day commemorates Avogadro’s Number (6.02 x 1023), which is a basic measuring unit in chemistry.
- National Bologna Day – A meat lovers delight!
- United Nations Day – UN Day marks the anniversary of the entry into force in 1945 of the UN Charter.
- World Pasta Day – Have an Italian themed pasta dinner night!
- Navy Day – A day to honor all of the women and men who serve, or have served, in the United States Navy.
- Frankenstein Friday – last Friday in October
- Hermit Day
- National Frankenstein Day – Host a Frankenstein themed halloween party.
- National Candy Corn Day – Same some for the trick-or-treaters!
- Carve a Pumpkin Day – Greet trick-or-treaters with your best carved pumpkin creations.
- Halloween – Happy Halloween!