SPINACH + CHEESE PUFF PASTRY PIN WHEELS
PREP TIME : 5 minutes COOK TIME : 20 minutes TOTAL TIME: About 25minutes SERVES: 11-12
Recipe By: Brittney Grant
1 Puff Pastry Sheet (store-brought or homemade)
1 cup Fresh Spinach
1/2 cup Monetary Jack Cheese
1/4 cup grated Parmesan Cheese
1 clove Garlic (minced)
1 small egg
1 tbsp Water
- Heat the oven to 400°F.
- Make egg wash: Beat 1 egg and 1 tbsp water in a small bowl with a fork or whisk and set aside.
- In a medium bowl mix Monetary Jack Cheese with grated Parmesan Cheese and mince garlic.
- Unfold the pastry sheet on a lightly floured surface. Roll the puff pastry sheet out to about a 10 by 10 inch square.
- Brush entire pastry sheet with egg wash.
- Top with cheese and garlic mixture followed by layer of chopped spinach. (be sure your spinach is completely dried before placing onto to pastry sheet in order to protect the pastry sheet from becoming soggy.)
- Tightly roll the pastry sheet up ensuring that all ingredients remain in place.
- Cut pastry into 20 half inch slices and place directly onto parchment paper lined baking pan, allowing at least an inch of negative space per roll.
- Brush the top of each roll with remaining egg wash mixture and top with extra parmesan/monetary jack cheese mixture.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until the pastry is golden brown. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.
Try this easy delicious recipe, share a pic on Instagram and tag us in your pic @keepingupwithbrittdaily
FACEBOOK.COM/ BRITTNEY GRANT