PREP TIME : 0 minutes COOK TIME : 20 minutes TOTAL TIME: About 20 minutes SERVES: 2
Recipe By: Brittney Grant
Teff is an ancient grain grown in Ethiopia. It is high in fiber and protein which is extremely beneficial to the digestive system and the skin. It is also a good source of amino acids, vitamins and minerals as it helps you naturally sustain high energy levels throughout the day.
- Bob’s Red Mill Wholegrain Teff
- Unsweetened Almond Milk
- Ground Cinnamon
- Sea Salt (or Kosher Salt)
- Toppings of your choice (I used pecans, medjool dates, cranberries and dried apricots)
- Bring a heavy-duty, non-stick sauce pan to medium heat.
- Add Teff to the saucepan and allow grains to toast for a few seconds or until semi-crispy. (toasting should not exceed 6 seconds)
- Add water, sea salt, agave and cinnamon and stir continuously to prevent lumps. Allow Teff to cook for at least 20 minutes
- Turn heat on low and stir in almond milk.
- Place in a bowl and enjoy with your favorite toppings! TIP: Teff is best served warm.