Winter has not quite ended in case you couldn’t already tell from the recent frigid low temperature. Stay warm while you satisfy your appetite with my simple, savory and delicious vegetarian chili recipe.
PREP TIME : 10 minutes COOK TIME : 40 minutes TOTAL TIME: About 50 minutes SERVES: 11-12
Recipe By: Brittney Grant
- 13.4 oz or 1 can Organic Black Beans (washed and strained)
- 15.5 oz or 1 can Organic Kidney Beans (washed and strained)
- 13.4 oz or 1 can Organic Cannelli Beans (washed and strained)
TIP: I like cooking with organic ingredients but feel source and use whatever you prefer!
BELL PEPPERS (chopped)
- 1 Red
- 1/2 Orange
- 1/2 Green
- 2 tbsp Oregano
- 2 tbsp Basil
- 1 tbsp Cumin
- 2 tbsp Chill Powder
- Kosher or Sea Salt
1 large Onion (finely chopped)
4 clove Garlic (minced)
1 small Organic Butternut Squash
1/2 Jalapeño pepper
32 oz Organic Vegetable Stock
80z can Tomato Sauce (plain)
14.5 oz can Diced Tomatoes (fire roasted)
Fresh Cilantro (chopped)
- In a large heavy duty pot on med/high heat, cook onions, bell peppers, minced garlic and salt to taste.
- Once translucent, add in butternut squash, beans, diced tomatoes, plain tomato sauce, vegetable stock, jalapeño pepper, dried seasonings and simmer on low heat for 40-45 minutes or until tender.
- Allow to chili to cook, garnish with fresh chopped cilantro, serve and enjoy!
Give this recipe a try, share a photo on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram using the hashtag #cookingwithbritt
FACEBOOK.COM/ BRITTNEY GRANT