PREP TIME : 5 minutes COOK TIME : 40 minutes TOTAL TIME: About 50 minutes SERVES: up to 6
Recipe By: Brittney Grant
Besides the 2 cups of quinoa, the measurements of each ingredient is entirely up to you and what you prefer as each ingredient can be customizable to your liking and/or what you have on hand. If yo don’t like parley you can use cilantro or basil, if you don’t like fresh tomatoes, use sun dried tomatoes, If you don’t have tri-color quinoa, use the traditional white quinoa. Ok, now lets get cooking! I included some ingredient measurements to give an ideal of how much of each I use.
3 (Organic) Bell Peppers
2 cups (Organic) Tri Color Quinoa
1/2 cup (Organic) Grape Tomatoes Halved
1/2 cup Feta Cheese Crumble
1/3 cup (Organic) Cooked Black Beans
1/2 cup (Organic) Red Onions
1/4 cup (Organic) Fresh Parsley (chopped)
1/2 (Organic) Green Zucchini
1/2 (Organic) Yellow Zucchini
1 Lemon (1 small lemon juiced)
2 tablespoon Olive Oil
2 teaspoon Dried Basil
2 teaspoon Dried Oregano
1 Garlic Clove (minced)
- Cut bell peppers in halves, remove seeds and membranes; rinse peppers.
- Boil for 3-5 minutes or until flexible. Drain in a colander and set aside.
- Add two cups of quinoa to lightly salted boiling water and cook until soft or according to package instructions and set aside.
- In large skillet with olive oil, cook zucchini halves on low heat for 2 to 3 minutes. Once cooked, set aside and allow to cool.
TIP: After each ingredient is cooked, place them in separate bowls in the refrigerator to cool faster. This will help to prevent clumping and sogginess during the mixing process.
- Add red onions to skillet and cook for 1 to 2 minutes. Once cooked, set aside and allow to cool.
- Add tomatoes to skillet and cook for 1 to 2 minutes. Once cooked, set aside and allow to cool. If prefer to your tomatoes fresh and/or uncooked you can skip this step.
- DRESSING: Add 2 tablespoons of olive oil, 1 teaspoon of dried basil, 1 teaspoon of dried oregano, lemon juice, minced garlic to small skillet, mix together and simmer for a few seconds.
- In a large bowl combine quinoa, black beans, zucchini, tomatoes, red onion, feta cheese, chopped parsley, dressing and mix together.
- Stuff each pepper half with the quinoa mixture and bake at 350° for 8 minutes.
- Top with additional feta cheese and chopped parsley if desired, serve and enjoy!
Give this recipe a try, share a photo on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram using the hashtag #cookingwithbritt
FACEBOOK.COM/ BRITTNEY GRANT