PREP TIME : 7 minutes COOK TIME : 15 minutes TOTAL TIME: About 22 minutes SERVES: 6
Recipe By: Brittney Grant
TIP: To make a larger serving just simply double each ingredient
- 1 1/2 cup Wholewheat Flour (I used Heckers All Natural 100% Wholewheat Flour)
- 1/3 cup Coconut Sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1/2 tespoon Baking Soda
- 1 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1 teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon Ground Flax Seeds with 1 tablespoon Water
- 1 1/2 cup Unsweetened Almond Milk
- 2 teaspoons Apple Cider Vinegar
- 2 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 6 tablespoons Vegan Butter (melted) (I used Earth Balance Original Buttery Spread)
- Cooking Spray for waffle iron
- Maple Syrup and Fresh Fruit for topping
- Waffle Iron (I used the Oster DuraCeramic Belgian Waffle Maker)
- Measuring Set
- Preheat waffle iron.
- Combine ground flax seed and water in a small bowl and set aside.
- In a large bowl whisk together flour, sugar salt, baking powder, baking soda and ground cinnamon.
- Melt 6 tbsp butter in a small bowl and then in a large bowl whisk together flax/water mixture with almond milk, apple cider vinegar, vanilla extract and melted butter.
- Gently stir wet ingredients into dry ingredients until combined. TIP: Consistency should be slightly lumpy.
- Spray waffle iron with cooking spray and pour approximately 1/2 cup of batter per waffle.
- Cook until golden brown.
- Top with fresh fruit and maple syrup and enjoy!
TIP: I lined in between each waffle with unbleached parchment paper, freeze and enjoy throughout the week, I usually have 2 a day!
Everyone can enjoy this delicious recipe, even if you are not a vegan or vegetarian these wholewheat buttermilk waffles will start your day off on a great foot! Go ahead, give them a try and share your thought with us below.
I N S T A G R A M @KEEPINGUPWITHBRITTDAILY
T W I T T E R @KEEPUPWITHBRITT
F A C E B O O K @KEEPINGUPWITHBRITT